Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mr. President

Sorry I haven't been able to entertain you lately; I was at an education fair at the Oslo Spektrum from Thursday to Saturday. And was at a seminar at the U.S. Embassy on Wednesday night. So Sunday is the first day I've had to wear sweatpants all day and blog! Look who I ran in to!
A cardboard cutout of my beloved president, whose face is clearly superimposed onto somebody elses body. Look at those hands! Not his! Nor does he wear glasses (that I know of), so why is the cutout holding a pair of Coke bottle glasses? And the cutout clearly has been "lightened up" a bit. Meh, he attracted a lot of attention and brought a lot of people to our stand.

Check out my brain child:

I was pretty proud of coming up with this. Just as we were tearing down our stand at the end of the fair the British people at the booth next door came over and told us it should've read "Yes we can - study in the U.S." Those smart Brits, that would've been even better!

I couldn't count the number of people who took a picture with the cutout. And we could've made a killing auctioning it off, by the number of people who offered to buy it! I just hope the Obama wave keeps up, not just for the sake of the world but for the sake of recruiting students to study in the U.S.!

No comments:

Post a Comment