Monday, April 27, 2009

Memory Lane Monday #7

So this is a total cop out, I admit it, but I've been making up for lost time by blogging like a maniac and my creativity is pretty much dried up. I think this MLM would be appropriate anywhere, anytime, and I don't feel bad that I just posted this song a few days ago:



Theme song to The Golden Girls

Come to think of it I have no idea who sings this song. Whoever it is, I hope they earned a Grammy for it. And an Emmy and Oscar and Cable Ace award and whatever the bloody hell else awards are given nowadays.

Here is the description of the video from YouTube, which I found accurate and amusing:

About an old sicialian, a high school english teacher, a nieve, and a slut live together as roomates in a house in Miami Flordia. Starring Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan, and Estelle Getty.

Oh Blanche, you will always known as The Slutty One to the world. I wonder if the actress, Rue McClanahan, gets stopped on the street today - she is 75 years old - and people say "Oh I loved you - you were such a slut!" She must be so satisfied with how her career turned out.

Like I said before, this is hands down the best TV show theme song I can think of. Can we think of any others that even come remotely close? The Fresh Prince of Bel Air is all I got...and that's light years behind the sweet, sweet Golden Girls. Now who wants cheesecake?

No comments:

Post a Comment