Monday, November 30, 2009

Memory Lane Monday #10

I'm going to divert from my regular MLM format and treat you to a little something that, while still musical, is really a trip down late night TV memory lane (only THE BEST KIND EVER).



Blu Blockers rap by MC Dr. Geek

TELL ME I am not the only one who remembers this infomercial from the 90's! There are several things awesome about this video:

1) A sweet rap
2) A phat pair of specs
3) The uncertainty if this was planned in advance or if it's true free style
4) That boombox (or is it boom box?)
5) That HAT!

Coincidence much?



I think not.

I can't seem to find a date on this video. My best guess would be 1994. Originally I was surprised that THIS was the best tactic they could come up with to sell sunglasses on late night TV (a crappy venue in itself, were there no Sunglass Huts 15 years ago?). In 1994 Nelson Mandela became the president of South Africa (the good), Tonya Harding went on a knee bashing spree (the bad), and Michael Jackson married a chick (the ugly). Times were not as they are today. They were cookier than Cocoa Puffs. And that's not even mentioning OJ "Murder McMurderson" Simpson.

Was this guy actually walking down Venice Beach looking like that? Seriously? Pauly Shore dressed more appropriately than this, and he worse ass-less chaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment